Senior Business & Executive Advisor
John Perraut has 30 years of experience in Automotive in product design, operations optimization, enterprise transformation, and breakthrough innovation. A Visionary with start-up to Fortune 500 success. Repeated success in companies in achieving next-level growth in self-funded, angel-funded, venture capital, and private equity funded space.
A global leader with the proven ability to inspire a team to exceed organizational goals. Provide innovative entrepreneurial technical leadership to companies. Take them to the next level using business tools to create a clear vision, fast to market strategy, and focused action. Hone the value proposition, using a minimal viable product approach. Bootstrap to accelerate the demonstration of successful business strategy. Make marketing and funding easy — “Don’t sell me, show me.” Demonstrated success in product design, manufacturing, validation, financing, and sales expertise for various companies.
With a small team (10) of visionary industrial designers, business entrepreneurs, and engineers pivoted an 18B$ corporation from a metal bending assembly company to a high-tech industry leader. Established three innovation accelerators (North America, Europe, and Asia) with a market entry target of 5 to 15 years. Oversaw innovation projects and technically assessed of ventures. Mentored in Seamless-IoT, the leading multi-industry, multi-channel, proof-of-concept, start-up accelerator. Led multi-company team in the development of Active Wellness™ biometric system functioning in-vehicle.
Spearheaded the team process conceptualization, refining, developing, validating, costing, business planning, and marketing innovation with a to market entry target of 3-5 years. Leveraged external company partnerships and customer co-development funding.
Design and Development, Led technical execution of division growth from $300M to $3B. Special focus on mechatronic and power seating with the supplier through operations to customer total enterprise approach.
- 01 – Strategic Planning & Partnership
- 02 – Product Design & Development
- 03 – Global Market Initiatives
- 04 – Talent Development
- 05 – Breakthrough Innovation
- 01 – Quantum Business Growth
- 02 – Customer Segmentation Development
- 03 – Manufacturing Excellence
- 04 – Product Market Fit
05 – Critical Problem Solving
- Board Member (2019 to Present), SafetySit LLC (Detroit, MI); start-up company: bring to market an edge of bed physical therapy backrest. 2019 game-changing design, demonstrations, and letters of intent by major hospitals, 2020 funding, contract manufacture, FDA registration, and sales.
- CTO and Global Market Director (2018 to Present), Comfort Concepts Pty. LLC (Australia); start-up of Airsquare™, a breakthrough technology that improves short and long-term comfort in all seating applications, including automotive, office, hospital, aerospace, on and off-road.